Local churches growing together
Welcome to the Deanery of Mowbray, covering the market towns of Thirsk, Northallerton and the surrounding villages.
The Deanery of Mowbray is made up of seven groups of local churches:
- Brompton and Deighton, Welbury and the Rountons;
- The Thorntons and the Otteringtons;
- Thirsk, Carlton Miniott, Sandhutton and South Kilvington;
- Sowerby and Sessay, Thirkleby, Kilburn and Bagby;
- Topcliffe, Baldersby, Dalton and Skipton on Swale;
- Osmotherley and Hillside Parishes;
- Northallerton, Romanby and Kirby Sigston.
The churches in the Deanery work closely with Thirsk and Northallerton Methodist Circuit with whom we have a Local Covenant.
Also in the Deanery is Holy Rood House which is a Centre for Health and Pastoral Care. For more information click here to go the website.